The spring and summer of 1967 brought nearly 100,000 outsiders, activists, and dreamers to San Francisco. These young people traveled from far and wide to join a community of artists, musicians, poets, and radicals that would change the world—influencing popular culture through music and art; launching the natural and organic foods movement; protesting war with peace and love; and ushering in an era of greater connectivity through the growth of the personal computer movement.
This anniversary is more than “sex, drugs, & rock and roll.” It is the story of how today’s San Francisco came to be.
The California Historical Society is leading a regional effort to commemorate the Summer of Love with exhibitions, concerts, events, and other activities in the Bay Area and across California. Corporations interested in supporting this effort are encouraged to reach out to Adam Hirschfelder, Director of Strategic Initiatives via email at email@example.com
- Premium recognition in all digital and physical collateral, including press releases and advertising;
- Logo in official anniversary brand lockup;
- Seat on the anniversary host committee;
- Free access to CHS-planned activities for executives & employees;
- Speaking role at select anniversary events;
- VIP experiences for executives and staff.
Support major events, activities, and content areas that will reach hundreds of thousands in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Love Week
- Come to San Francisco Week
- Love San Francisco Day of Volunteerism
- Technology Sponsor
- Commemorative Guide Sponsor
Support events, activities, and content areas produced by the California Historical Society.
- CHS Exhibition
- Lecture Series
- Academic Symposium
- Website content areas
Council of Love
- Invitations to VIP events and exclusive keepsakes created for the 50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love.
Custom sponsorship packages are available. Contact Us.